Superhero Necromancer Press is happy to announce our next Rainy City Kickstarter campaign as part of ZineMonth 2022, BEASTS OF THE OUTER SWELLS!
BEASTS OF THE OUTER SWELLS, by game designer and fantasy/horror writer William Wandless and artist Bill Spytma, is system-agnostic RPG zine offering a collection of tall tales, legends, and galley gossip about several strange, wondrous, and horrific sea monsters found in the rough seas around the Rainy City–a doomed fantasy metropolis at the end of the world where the wizards jealously guard their rotting magical tomes, the gargoyles are always watching, the thieves are on the prowl, and the rains never stop!
BEASTS is built as a companion bestiary to A VISITOR’S GUIDE TO THE RAINY CITY. However, being system-agnostic, any busy GM needing quick flavor or interesting content can use BEASTS for their own campaign without the VISITOR’S GUIDE. Tall tales are universal, after all, and there’s nothing to say these strange and peculiar leviathans of the seas can’t wash up in any campaign where coastal waves lap the shore!
Projected to come in around 12,000 words and 48 pages, BEASTS will explore the legend lore of nine of the Rainy City’s strangest sea monsters. Come hear the tales of:
- The Aspic Lantern, A dying light to beam above the deeper dark
- The Clackermas, Some thunders speak of more than storms
- The Coldwater Council, Not even the Outer Swells are beyond the law
- Handsome Randy, Sometimes the Swells can be comely and subtle
- The Mirror City, The impossible harbor that hosts a subtle hunger
- The Mother of Manatees, She for whom the children shed their skin
- The Scraw, The bones that name the City’s secret shame
- The Wishful Wakame, A waking dream of distant shores and open doors
- The Wondergull, A strength that dares to rise above the rain
The Kickstarter campaign for BEASTS OF THE OUTER SWELLS will go live on Tuesday, February 15th!
Head on over and follow the Kickstarter Prelaunch Page to know the moment the campaign goes live!